When we speak about it, we usually talk and refer to adults. However, that doesn’t mean that only adults practice the keto diet. In fact, there are many kids who eat healthily. It can be a result of their parents teaching them about a healthy lifestyle or a result of some health conditions, such as obesity.
Regardless of the reason, many parents have chosen to teach their children about the keto diet. It’s because there are plenty of foods they can eat, such as a keto strawberry shake. If you are one of those parents, here are 5 healthy keto snack recipes for your kids.
Copyright: Pixabay / author: yullina_me / I License: CC0 Public Domain
1. Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons salted butter that has been softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces dark chocolate finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the egg in a bowl and mix it until well-mixed.
- Add butter, vanilla extract, and erythritol. Then mix for a minute or two.
- In another bowl put almond flour and baking soda. Stir until they are well-mixed.
- Combine the mixtures from the two bowls and mix them until they start forming a cohesive dough.
- Add almond milk and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough becomes moist.
- Add the chocolate chunks into the dough and stir to distribute them equally.
- Put the dough in a fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 F and prepare a parchment-lined sheet pan or a nonstick baking mat.
- Make 20 bolls of 1-2 inches in diameter from the dough.
- Put them on the pan with a few inches of space between them. Then, press them to look like cookies.
- Bake at 350F for around 20 minutes or until they start becoming light brown.
2. Keto Pigs In A Blanket
- 1 large egg
- 4 medium-hot dogs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Cut each hot dog into 3 equal pieces and put it aside.
- Melt the shredded mozzarella.
- Add the egg and almond flour.
- Add garlic, salt, and baking powder.
- Form a dough and split it into 12 equal pieces. Then, roll them into dough bolls.
- Put the dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and press each ball into an oval shape.
- Put each hot dog piece into the dough and wrap it like a blanket.
- Drop sesame seeds on the dough balls and press them down to stick.
- Put the pigs in the oven on 350 degrees and bake for 17-20 minutes.
3. Crispy Cheddar Cauli-Tots
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup old cheddar
- 3 cups shredded raw cauliflower
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter a small muffin tin and put it in the oven to 205 degrees (C).
- Shred the cauliflower. Then place it into a clean towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them with a fork.
- Take the mixture with a tablespoon or a small scoop and press it into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tots become gold.
Copyright: Pixabay / author: kaitlynraeann / I License: CC0 Public Domain
4. Veggie Egg Cups
- 6 large eggs
- 1 deseeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 90 g sliced spinach
- 75 g (2.7 oz) chopped brie or goat cheese
- 100 ml of milk
- Salt as you wish
- Heat the oven to 160C or 180C.
- Oil the muffing cups.
- Mix the milk and eggs.
- Add the other ingredients and mix together.
- Divide the egg mix in each muffin cup equally.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until they are ready.
5. Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 20 raw, unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 1½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Stevia
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Place the peanuts in a blender and blend until they become crumbly.
- Put them on a plate and set aside.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl until they become smooth.
- Make 15 balls of 1-1.5 inches from the dough.
- Roll the balls in the peanut crumbles.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put them in a fridge for 20-30 minutes.
The keto diet is a great way to teach children about healthy eating. It’s a low-carb, high-fat, and rich in proteins and vitamins diet. Hence, your children will consume all the nutrients they need while eating delicious foods.