Above all, health and happiness are the most important priorities humans can hold, but there are plenty of things that get in the way when you’re a busy person. From social events to work commitments and family matters, prioritizing your health isn’t always so easy. If you’ve felt overwhelmed trying to meet your health and fitness goals, this post is for you.
Read on for five health and fitness hacks — from 10-minute workouts to speedy and nutritious meals — designed to help get busy bees back on their game.
1. Embrace Exercises That Fit Into Your Daily Routine
One of the biggest barriers to entry into healthy living is the feeling that there aren’t enough hours in the day to fit everything, including fitness, in. While your schedule may seem to be stacked, there are plenty of things you can do to squeeze in health-promoting activities like cardio and strengthening exercises as well as stretching techniques into your day to day routine.
Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Invest in a set of the best shoes for walking you can find and wear them all day long. Having comfy kicks on your feet will encourage you to go the extra mile on your commute, take a pause to stroll, and meet your 10,000 step goal.
- Taking work breaks is one of the most effective methods to manage daily stress, but so many of us use this precious time to scroll on our phones, watch screens, or simply don’t take breaks at all. Here’s a hack: use your work breaks as an opportunity to take care of yourself! Go on a run, do some yoga poses, do 10 minutes of a full body circuit workout, etc.
- If you’re having trouble staying active during the pandemic because of gym closures, worry not. There are plenty of other options out there for you, including outdoor and online gym memberships. It’s really the best of both worlds; save time on driving and getting into your gym gear while still getting a good workout in!
2. Find Recipe Inspiration Online
Thanks to the age of information, there’s really no excuse not to know how to make healthy foods. From Instagram influencers to online bloggers, there are tons of resources for recipe inspiration available.
Here are a few suggestions to start with:
- A Peek at Karen’s World Recipe Index
- Half Baked Harvest
- Sunday Suppers
- A Pinch of Healthy
- Healthyish, by Bon Appetit
- The Fed Up Foodie
- Fit Men Cook
3. Opt For Convenience As You Need To
We all have those weeks where we’re super motivated, feeling great and crushing our health goals, but there seem to be almost as many weeks when we’re embracing the opposite. While it’s tempting to abandon all progress and order a Postmates meal for the third night in a row, take a second to consider the healthier alternatives that are out there to make your life easier!
Things like grocery delivery services and prepped meals can make a world of a difference when you’re struggling to keep your life in line without compromising on your health and fitness goals.
4. Use Technology To Your Advantage
Another huge advantage technology has to offer our health is the ability to hold us accountable for meeting our goals. From daily step tracking to heart health, weight loss, and nutrition, there are so many ways you can use your iPhone or Android to your advantage.
5. Don’t Be Afraid To Set Boundaries
Committing to your personal health is an important step to take, but unfortunately, upholding such a lifestyle can be a serious challenge. Besides work and personal obligations getting in the way, social pressures can also negatively impact your goals.
While maintaining your relationships is incredibly important as well, you shouldn’t be afraid to set boundaries with those you love if it benefits your health. If going for a walk in the park better aligns with your path towards improvement than going out for dinner, be open about it! Your loved ones will almost certainly show their support for your efforts.
Committing to a healthy lifestyle may be harder than you initially thought, but the payoff is so worth it. Use these tips to help you fit in fitness and healthy habits into your busy schedule.