It’s not snowing around here. Thank goodness.
But we did get a ridiculous amount of rain in the last couple of weeks. People kayaked down the street for fun. We have several inches of standing water in the backyard, which was just awesome. It’s been interesting.
And now it’s February already. The other day, I heard a TrueCar.com commercial on the radio. The guy started with, “The holidays are just around the corner…” and I was like, either this commercial is very late or very early. Yet it’s still kind of true.
I always look forward to February. But most people don’t. It’s kind of that annoying point of winter where you feel like it will never end. It’s just kind of there. But I have a February birthday so I love it. Except that this year…I’m…turning…um…forty. And, yes, I AM freaking out about it thankyouverymuch. I’ve NEVER freaked out about getting older. Sometimes I’ll make comments about getting older, sure. But I’ve never dreaded a birthday.
I’m trying to do things to make myself feel better. Like throw an awesome party and stuff. But that doesn’t change the fact that then I will be forty and I have a lot of feelings about it. And most of them are not good.
But enough about that. Here’s my monthly mentally-beat-myself-up-for-not-getting-shit-done post:
- Download a water tracking app. I went with Water Time Pro, which is good but the reminders are a little bit annoying.
- Start simple with 5 glasses of water per day. I’m definitely drinking MORE water, but there have been days I didn’t hit 5 glasses.
- Get to 10K daily steps twice per week. Haha! I’m so cute when I’m ambitious.
- Cook at least 2 meals at home per week. I definitely did MORE home cooking. But I don’t think it worked out to quite two meals per week.
- Take lunch to work at least 2 times per week. I think I actually did this one.
- Start promoting Amazon and Etsy affiliate networks. I’ve definitely been working on the Amazon one. And I’ve gotten clicks. Now I just have to turn those clicks into sales…
- Get caught up on all bills. Done!
- Create a budget and stick to it. Yeah, no. (BTW, I heard that whole “yeah, no” was kind of a California thing. Is this true?)
- Donate at least 2 bags of stuff to Goodwill. I’m scheduling a pick up for this weekend.
- Take 1 box of books to the library. Um…
- Start organizing photos and get them off my camera SD card. If I’m being honest, my goal wasn’t really to start but to make substantial progress. I made almost zero progress.
- Read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- Continue updating images and SEO on old posts.
- Make a payment toward India/Nepal trip. Well, I set the money aside. Just haven’t called the office yet.
- Buy my PacSafe anti-theft bag. Done!
- Sign up for a photography class. I missed the registration deadline for the class I wanted to take at the community college. Going to look for alternatives.
- Read 1 book on travel, fiction or non-fiction. I listened to Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.
- Watch three likely Oscar films. Silence, Sing Street, Deadpool, Hidden Figures, Deepwater Horizon…Okay, so some of these ended up not getting nominated, but that was a surprise.
- Finish listening to It. Holy CRAP that book is LONG!
- Start planning for the Big Birthday party next month… I started planning. And now I just have to figure out how to pay for it…
All righty…So that’s what I’m working on this month! How about you?? What are you up to this month?? Join Angie and me and link up to share your goals!
- At least 5 glasses of water per day.
- Do Meatless Mondays (with an exemption on the last Monday of this month…)
- Try cooking with one veggie I’ve never used before.
- Organize expenses for 2016
- File 2016 tax return
- Create my travel budget for this summer.
- Put $300 into my travel account.
- Schedule donation pick up since I’m obviously not getting myself over to Goodwill.
- Finish moving photos off of SD card and into the computer.
- Create an online account for photo storage.
- Rearrange the closet.
- Make that India/Nepal payment.
- Read/listen to 1 travel book.
- Turn the camera to manual mode and learn how to use it.
- Finish setting up the World Traveler page.
- Finish Project Proposal for work.
- Choose a venue for the Big Birthday Bash.
- Finish watching all the Oscar Short Films.
- Finish watching the Top 5 Category nominees.
All righty then. So that’s what my February is going to look like. And now it’s your turn to tell us what you are up to.
By the way, InLinkz switched up their services, so there aren’t cute thumbnails anymore. Just the text link. But please join in: