One of the best things about living in Southern California is our close proximity to the beach. And when there’s a beach, there is Sand Sculpting.
San Diego is the home of the annual US Sand Sculpting Challenge. Did you know there was such a thing?
Well, there is and it’s a Very Big Deal.
The US Sand Sculpting Challenge and Dimensional Art Exposition (say that 3 times fast!) is returning to San Diego over Labor Day Weekend and I’m SO excited to go and check out some amazing works of sandy art!
Friday, Sept. 2 – Monday, Sept. 5
9:00 am – 7:00 pm
‘B’ Street Cruise Ship Pier
1140 North Harbor Drive
San Diego 92101
A few quick facts:
- Over 300 TONS of sand are trucked in for this event.
- It takes two full weeks to set up this event, and then it’s gone after only four days.
- ELEVEN Master Sculptors are coming to compete, plus seven teams of three.
- There are professional sand sculptors.
- This event includes food trucks, live entertainment, and oodles of art exhibitors with awesome stuff to sell.
- It’s amazing.
Do it for the children
A portion of proceeds from the event goes to local children’s educational charities.
- The San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts is a public arts magnet school that was named one of the best in the Nation by U.S. News and World Reports. Students are bused from throughout the San Diego Unified School District and take classes in theater, music, dance, visual arts, video production, stagecraft and creative writing along with regular academic subjects.
- Young Audiences of San Diego/Arts for Learning brings performers into elementary and middle schools to show kids what life in the arts is all about, yanks them out of their shells by teaching them to perform some of their ethnic songs and dance, and instills pride in self as they learn how to learn.
- It’s All About the Kids Foundation helps less fortunate children through a network of 14 San Diego charities that have served over 11,000 kids.
And you can win a family four-pack of tickets to attend this awesome event!
Entering the giveaway is simple, and you have until midnight on Thursday, August 18, 2016. That’s midnight Pacific Daylight Time.
But PLEASE only enter if you will be in Southern California over Labor Day Weekend. If you can’t make it, please don’t enter and potentially nab tickets someone else could use.
Okay, so, are you ready? Are you excited? Get set! Enter!
Family 4-Pack of Tickets to the US Sand Sculpting Competition