I was listening to the radio on my way to work and the DJ started talking about how it’s somewhat annoying and mildly inconvenient that the TV in his bedroom is so far away from the bed that it’s not a convenient place to watch. And thus, the First World Problems discussion was born.
They got a few calls and texts from listeners. My favorites were:
-One guy said that the compression on the wine fridge in his bedroom is too loud and he can’t sleep at night.
-Another guy said that whenever he talks to his X-Box One, his Amazon Echo thinks he’s talking to her.
So I got to thinking…what are my First World Problems…?
- When my phone randomly shuts itself off and restarts when I’m in the middle of writing a hilarious tweet.
- When my wireless router goes down in the middle of streaming something on Netflix.
- When I’m going to a Film Festival for free with a press pass and I have to choose between a screening of a movie I REALLY want to see and a panel for a TV show that I REALLY want to go to.
- When my Amazon order has been “Out for Delivery” all day and hasn’t shown up yet.
- When I am thisclose to winning tickets to a game I’m dying to go to but then my Bluetooth cuts out.
- When the shake machine is down at Jack in the Box because it’s 1 in the morning.
- When I discover an error in a tweet and have to delete and retype the whole thing because Twitter doesn’t have an edit function.
- When there are 200+ channels on my TV but I can’t find anything to watch.
- When I’m laying on the couch and the remote is way over on the coffee table 2 feet away…
So…yeah. Those are some of my first world problems. What are yours??