So I typed up this whole post and was ready to publish it and WordPress ate it.
It’s been a bad day so far.
Hell, it’s been a bad WEEK so far.
Is it really only Wednesday?
So far my week has consisted of:
- Being forced out of the office I’ve had to myself for three years so that I could share a different office with two other people and the new girl could take my office all to herself instead of sharing two and two, which was the original plan.
- Getting a call from the doctor’s office to find out that not only is the doctor concerned about my results after all, but she’s concerned enough to send me to a specialist for further review. I’m not going to say what type of specialist until I have some answers because a) I don’t want anyone to freak out and b) I don’t want anyone to freak ME out.
- I woke up late for work this morning.
- I got stuck in a MASSIVE traffic jam on my way to work this morning.
- I got a blown out tire on the freeway.
So it’s been quite the week so far.
But then, as I was writing this post, a friend sent me a link to a post a woman wrote right after losing her son.
So it’s been a lot of petty annoyances this week.
And so I don’t know where I’m going to get the money to replace my shredded tire.
And so I still have this ridiculously long commute to a job I increasingly hate and I haven’t gotten a single interview yet for any place I’ve applied.
It could be worse.
I really am tremendously blessed.
Because all of these stupid, petty, irritating things are just that. Stupid and petty and irritating. And they’ll be forgotten soon enough.
But I still have my family. And my friends. And all of you.
Maybe I’m having a bad day. But it’s nothing. Not in the grand scheme of things. And so I’m going to pick myself up, dust myself off, figure some things out, and get on with it.
I hope you can do that too.