Today is my 38th birthday.
Anyway, I try to do something kind of reflective or, at least, mildly interesting each year for my birthday post.
Today, here are 38 things you might or might not know about me.
1. My middle name is Marie.
2. I’m left-handed.
3. I have two brothers, a sister, two step-sisters and a step-brother. I’m the oldest in one family and the middle in the other. On one side, my brother is the only one that is married and on the other side, I’m the only one that isn’t.
4. I have never been married or engaged.
5. I met my boyfriend Chris 8 months ago today.
6. I do not like regular cheesecake. But I LOVE all the cheesecakes at Cheesecake Factory.
7. I have a ham radio license but have never used it.
8. Tom Cruise is my favorite celebrity.
9. I live for baseball. The Angels are my boyzz.
10. My favorite football team is the San Francisco 49ers.
11. I’m a pretty decent singer and belong to a choir that performs in a big concert hall twice a year.
12. I’m a Mormon.
13. I speak French very well, though I’m not quite fluent.
14. I lived in Montreal, Quebec for a year and a half as an LDS missionary.
15. I love volunteer work and have been part of projects in California, Utah, Paraguay and Honduras.
16. I want to try WWOOFing.
17. I’ve been “working on my novel” for five years.
18. I’ve been blogging for almost 8 years.
19. I’ve been at my current job for almost 8 years.
20. I went to college at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah where I studied French and Political Science.
21. I once had ambitions to become a lawyer.
22. I love the beach and can’t imagine living away from the ocean again.
23. I’ve been to 8 countries outside of the US.
24. I was born in Idaho.
25. I have completed a 5k, a 10k, and a half marathon.
26. I’m a registered Republican.
27. I’ve wanted Mitt Romney to be President ever since he ran the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
28. I have a dwarf bunny named Bruce Wayne.
29. Batman is my favorite superhero.
30. Christian Bale is my favorite Batman.
31. Star Wars is my all-time favorite movie.
32. I’ve dyed my hair so many times that the only reason I know the real color is because my roots are WAY grown out.
33. My favorite food is pizza. I could eat it every single day.
34. Falafel is the only food that I REALLY don’t like.
35. I think Spongebob Squarepants is hilarious.
36. Friends is the best TV show of all time.
37. Try as I might, I just don’t understand the point of LinkedIn.
38. My favorite color is red.